Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Tasting Thursday - Local BX Cidery

After two years and two months, we finally ventured out to this local cidery called BX CIDERY.  While my friend from Vancouver was visiting for the weekend, he asked if we had been to this local cidery.  And of course we said no and he suggested we checked it out.  Apparently during their last visit last August 2018, they were there for the cider tasting and it was great.  It was a beautiful Saturday morning so there was no question about heading out there.  When we arrive, we saw a couple of workers picking apples while there were a few people picking apples from three different bins.  They were beautiful apples and the price per pound was good.  The three variety was Honey Crisp, Gala and Macintosh.  My hubby got his favorite honey crisp while I opted for the Macintosh for baking purposes.  Then we ordered a flight of ciders for the tasting part.  Out of four, I prefer the last two and my friend preferred the first two and of course hubby chose the two in the middle. LOL.  While they were tasting I decided to check out the two workers picking apples. I asked if I can pick one and they said, go ahead.  It took me a few minutes to pick the perfect one and I even took a video which I hope I can share.  Anyway the following weekend, we headed back there to buy more honey crisp for the taste and the price.  If you are ever in Vernon or the Okanagan, please stop by the BX cidery.  They tasting is reasonably priced, the staff is very friendly and helpful and of course the ambiance for the tasting is just perfect.

This was the perfect apple I picked.


This is my friend J favorite.


They also sell their own sour dough bread. Yummy!

My home made apple (macintosh) strudel.

No comments:

Post a Comment