Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Support Sunday - Community Contributions

Sometimes you don't have to belong to an organization in order to contribute to the community.  There are several ways I have found that I can help out in my own way.  Whether it's sharing some of the baking items that I have or sharing some extra meals that I have made to some of our neighbors.  Each month when I do my volunteer shift, I usually take a plate of treats for the members at our local detachment.  Last week I tried to give a small plate of treats to our garbage man but I keep missing him.  Hopefully next Friday, I will try and keep an eye on him and not leave our home so I won't miss him.  As for my hubby he has his own way of contributing to the community.  He has been helping some of the seniors in our neighborhood that might need a little techie support.  Most of the time it's a half an hour or maybe an hour of his time.  Sometimes he goes over to a neighbor's home even just to keep an eye on the oven because the owner needed to pick up her daughter at school.  Since both of us are home a lot, we are able to help out neighbors with whatever they needed.  It could be just keeping an eye of their home for a few days or weeks while they are away.  Sometime it includes watering their plants or checking their mail.  We truly belong to a great neighbor because whatever we do for them, they do it in return without hesitation. There is a great satisfaction in knowing that whatever you do for them are so much appreciated.  Are you doing something in your neighborhood?  Do you belong to a group within your area?  

Image result for neighbourhood clipart images

Image result for neighbourhood clipart images

Image result for helping others clipart images

No comments:

Post a Comment