Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Weathering Wednesday - Prepping for winter

That W word is a bit too early to mention and a bit scary too.  Summer is still really great in the Okanagan as the tourism industry is just booming. But after my friend stopped by to check on some of my plant, she suggested that it might be best to transfer some of my plants that are perennials into the ground instead of leaving them in pots during the winter months.  She said that this way it will established their roots really well in the fall and be ready for the coldness of winter.  Last Friday, after golf, we started working on the front yard, first weeding and then transferring all the plants that are in pots into the ground.  Luckily Jeff was able to help me as the digging part was the most difficult part of that project.  This week they are looking better and hopefully continue to establish their roots.  Some of my annuals are starting to get a bit more browns but still able to have a few more flower blooms.  Now I would like to share what our front yard looks with the addition of all the perennials I received from my neighbor and the succulents from the golf course.








No comments:

Post a Comment