Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Shareable Sunday - Pie to Pie

OMG, there's bananas that were dying, zucchinis that were getting too ripe, what to do!  This is what happens on the weekend when I notice things like that.  I get on a baking rampage.  First, get the bananas mashed and make something out of it.  Result - Banana Chocolate Chips Nut Bar.  I started making these bars instead of making banana bread.  Two zucchinis that I got at the fruit stand, one green and one yellow.  I was going to make some side dish with it while my friends from Ottawa was visiting but we were so busy I forgot.  So I made a Double Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Kahlua Drizzle with the green one. I shared this at the house warming party last night. As for the yellow one, it became a zucchini pie with yellow peppers, onions and bacon. A very healthy pie if you are trying to diet. For a first time making these zucchini items, they turned out to be pretty sumptuous.  We brought the zucchini pie and apple crumble to the RV campsite where our neighbors were staying for a week and had joined them for dinner.  Almost forgot about the apples that I bought at the same time as the zucchini, I was able to make an apple crumble pie and the left over apple slices became an apple butter, one small jar.  It was a very productive weekend. Now are you ready to check out these items.

Zucchini Pie
Apple Crumple Pie

Banana Chocolate chips and nuts bar.

Double chocolate zucchini cake with Kahlua drizzles.


No comments:

Post a Comment