Pages

Friday, August 9, 2019

Frilly Friday - A special gift for my little friend

When a little girl who is turning 9 ask if I can make her an emoji top and maybe something like a skirt, I usually try to accommodate her request.  What is sad is that she invited me 3 months ago for her birthday party since I attended it last year.  Her birthday party theme - EMOJI!  So I started looking on Pinterest for some ideas.  She actually drew her favorite emoji so I knew exactly what to do.  Her mother bought the top and I got all the materials for it as well as for the skirt I was going to make.  After I told her that I will not be able to attend her birthday, she was a bit disappointed. Anyway, I decided to make her another special gift which I know she will love.  She will be able to use it for school to hold all her special colorful pens/pencil.  There was another request that came from the wife of my BFF.  Her granddaughter would like to have a small blanket for her doll.  Since I already had the fabric for it, I immediately completed that order.  In addition to this she asked if I had some scrap fabrics to make small cloth squares to be used for the new baby, instead of a bib.  Of course I would do it as it only takes a few minutes.  I mean for those who does not sew and have to figure out everything, it make take more than just a few minutes.  So at the end of the afternoon, these are what I have completed.  It was a very busy afternoon but I am so glad I completed the tasks and there will be couple of little girls that will be so happy when they get their surprise gifts.

The mom will still have to trim the skirt for the prefect length.

The favorite emoji

Burp cloth for the new baby.

The reversible blanket for the doll.  Her favorite pattern - unicorn.

The pen/pencil case for school.  The birthday girl's favorite is also unicorn.


No comments:

Post a Comment