Pages

Monday, October 29, 2018

Manyways Monday - Cakes or cookies

How many ways can you use apples?  Apple bread, butter, cake, cookies, pie and sauce.  So when I see two apples in the basket and I need to make something sweet, I start checking out Pinterest.  Oh no, there's way too many choices.  So I check the recipes that only uses two apples, because that's all I have.  The first one that came up is a French Apple Cake.  I checked all the ingredients and surprisingly enough, I have them all.  Now I am excited and started getting ready to bake.  While reading the instructions, I stumble upon another treat.
A chocolate chip shortbread cookies and of course I have all the ingredients because Jeff makes the ever popular triple C (chocolate chip cookies).  I forgot to mention that I am baking these two treats to take over to my friend's house for dinner.  She ask me if I was making anything special since she knows that I have a lot of goodies in the freezer.  I told her I am trying two new recipes that I found.  These two new recipes are the easiest ever but oh so yummy.  I know this because my friend's other guests were complimenting me with the treats I brought and couldn't stop eating the cookies.  Anyway, here's what they look like.  One thing that I love about the French apple cake is that it is not very sweet and it's moist and little fluffy.  On the other hand the cookies are a little too crisp/crunchy for me, so next time I will cook them on a lower temperature and lesser time.  Otherwise it's a keeper.



No comments:

Post a Comment