Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2018

Saturated Sunday - When it rains, it pours

A year ago today, our first winter began on the first day of November.  This year it seems like the weather is holding really good.  Although the temperature has been single digits, if it's dry, it is still a golf day for me as long as it does not rain.  When I checked outside this morning, it was cloudy on one side and a bit of blue sky peeking on the southern part.  I opened my email and there's a tee time for me.  Of course, I'll play.  Then an hour later showers.  OK, no I am not golfing.  Half an hour later, the clouds started moving and the sun is really trying hard to beat the clouds.  I called my golf buddy and he said, we should just go.
It was amazing the front nine was sunny and started to get warm.  We finished the nine holes and started our way to the back nine.  The clouds started getting a little too dark for my liking.  On #12 we started hearing thunders and by the time we teed off on #13 the wind had picked up and the rain really poured.  We found a little shelter behind the small wood structure and the rain turned into hail.  Now we are stuck for at least 15 minutes waiting for the rain/hail to stop.  Then finally we got a little break and started heading for the club house but halfway to our shelter, the rain started again.  Everything was wet, cold and freezing.  It was hard to believe how an hour and a half ago, the weather was so beautiful and then it became really nasty.  I guess we were trying to take advantage of the last week of golf.  This is really the part that I miss about living in California.  Golf available the whole year round, of course except when it rains.  And you remember the song, "It never rains in  California, but when it rains, it pours.

Image result for rains



Image result for rain golf course

Image result for golf in the rain clip art

No comments:

Post a Comment