Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Sensitive Sunday - The knee bone connected to the hip bone

At what age do you start feeling that you are getting old?  Is it when your bones starts to crack or when your muscles are always aching?  Maybe this is not a topic I should be posting but lately my knee and the right gluteus minimus muscles (had to look it up).  It all began a couple of days after I had worked for 13 hrs for the local election.  Although I feel better standing than sitting, there were a lot of hours of standing and maybe it was too much.  While I was at the doctor's office a few days ago, I sort of mentioned this to him and he asked if my knees were swollen - NO, are they still in the morning - NO, do hear them cracking - NO.  This is when he said, you should do stretches and go for walks.  OMG the two things that I should be doing but I am not.  The husband of my BFF in Discovery Bay is the one person that I look up to.  He is very religious about stretching and exercise even when we were on vacation, on our cruise, or just visiting.  The same couple goes for their walk which is another thing that Jeff and I don't do. Well, I should say, do not do it everyday.  We do go out for walks every now and then.  So now that I am feeling all these aches and pains, I might have to force myself to do both (walking and stretching).  As the golf season comes to an end, I will definitely have to go back to using the elliptical.  Since Jeff has already bought his season pass to the ski resort so he can snowboard whenever.  That will be his winter sport.  I on the other hand won't be doing that but might take up snow shoeing.  Really?? Our neighbors mentioned it to me and I said that as long as I get the nice green color snow shoe, then there's a good chance I will go.  LOL.  For now I have to try my very best to do the simple things that does not cost a lot.  WALKING and STRETCHING.  The reward for doing both is a once a month hour massage from my favorite RMT.  What is moral of the story? It's just a reminder not to wait until you're old to do these simple day to day things.  I actually believe that both are so good for your bones and your muscles.  OK I need to do it.

Image result for stretching cartoon images


Image result for walking and exercise cartoon images


Image result for massage cartoon images

No comments:

Post a Comment