Pages

Friday, October 26, 2018

Fain Friday - Live Laugh Love

Why fain?  Actually I had to look for a special word to describe this Friday.  While getting ready for golf, I received a call from our friend/neighbor.  He said Wendy's gone.  What do I say? What can I do? Why so quick?  So many questions in my head, but no answer came to my mind.  So what did I say? I'm so sorry. Thank you for letting me know.  OMG, what is all that.  I really did not know how to process this sad news that I just received.  It's not about me.  Today I would just like to give honor to our friend Wendy.  An amazing lady who was lively, loving and always smiling.  Although I have known her only for a little over a year, she was the one that welcomed us to this new neighborhood.  She was the one that introduced us to everyone.  She was the one that made sure I meet different groups that she has.  The ladies morning golf, the ladies from the bridge group, and the Red/Purple hat ladies.  Even when she is not feeling 100%, you would never hear her complain.  She would attend our monthly event and truly enjoy everyone's company.  And when she needed to rest, she would quietly say goodbye to the host and head on home.  The last time we got to see her was three weeks ago at one of the neighbors home for dinner.  Although she had difficulty swallowing food, she joined us for dinner bringing her own consomme and vegetable drink.  She was enjoying the company, our stories and we had lots of laugh and stayed later than normal.  There one thing she hated, the Christmas song "the twelve days of Christmas". We found out about this when we did our 2017 Christmas Caroling around the neighborhood.  We would sing either two songs and have one drink or have two drinks and sing one song.  We will miss her so very much and this neighborhood would not be the same.  

Wendy and me during my 65th birthday party.  
The neighborhood aka Street People lighting a candle for Wendy.

No comments:

Post a Comment