Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Winning Wednesday - It's about the cause

A week later and this post just sat where I left off.  I got busy with a golf tournament and then Jeff's weekend get away.  Now I am trying to remember what was this post all about.
This is what happens when I put things aside.  Wait a minute, now I remember, this was about the recent golf tournament that I attended together with three other golfer buddies who are actually Jeff's co-worker/great friends.  Last year we had so much fun at this tournament so I decided to have another go at it.  This was the CNOA tournament and proceeds are for a great cause.  Some of the proceeds go to the surviving family of officers who lost their lives on duty.  There were at least two hundred golfers and it was a shot gun start.  It was a great deal because it includes a lot of things and there were so many prizes people could win after buying the tickets.  In the end two of my buddies did win a prize. Although we did not win the best team, my buddy Chris won the longest drive.  I think we finished good with a score of -6 under par.  Maybe next year we can do better but truly it was not all about winning.  It was enjoying the day golfing with buddies and donating some funds for a great cause.

Before dinner

After registration

That's a real AR 15?

No comments:

Post a Comment