Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Music Monday - Trying to keep up

Is it a real sign that you are getting old when you don't know what is the latest hits of this week, month or year?  Maybe because some of the songs are not so memorable anymore since most of them are just repeating the same words or lines over and over.  Of course, country hits are different.  They seem to still come up with great songs that have a story.  So if you were to ask me what my favorite summer song of this year is, I have no clue.  The station that I listen to when I am in my car plays the songs of the 70's and 80's.  Once in a while I would switch to my 95.3 KRTY for country's latest.  Let me see if I can even pick some songs for this year that I actually could remember. I search for the top 100 songs of 2015 and so far I only know or heard of 5.
  • See you again by Charlie Puth
  • Shake it off by Taylor Swift
  • Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars
  • Honey I'm good by Andy Grammer
  • Save it for a rainy day by Kenny Chesney
The difference with all these songs is that in a year or two, I would not remember any of them.  Maybe some can remember them, but in five years, no one will remember.  If you were to compare to some of the songs that we grew up to, even the now generation likes them and are listening to these greatest all time favorites.  Lately a lot of these bands are starting to tour again and it's too bad that the tickets are so expensive because it would be such a treat to see them perform their hits live.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment