Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

Fickle Friday - Food reviews

Can you believe it is the first day of August?  This means that I have been living in San Jose for four years, that's right four years since I retired.  I have to admit that it has been an excellent transition from working hard to enjoying retirement life.  For those of you who are still working, I would really recommend early retirement if you could do it.  Just a suggestion!  It has been a week since I came back from my short vacation and I'm back to doing what I love.  Today's post is a mix up of photos that I would like to share which is why it's fickle.  I cannot decide a theme for today but I hope you will enjoy these collections.

Arugula, cranberry and goat cheese salad with grilled chicken sandwich with brie and fig paste from Earl's in St. Albert. So far this is my favorite meal as it was delicious and full of flavor.

Chicken and waffle for brunch served at Central restaurant in downtown Edmonton.  This is my second favorite.

 My cousin left me a big bowl of fresh figs(green and purple) so I made them into jam - so yummy.

KFC version of poutine only sold in KFC Canada.  It does not even come close to poutine I've had from Ottawa and Montreal. 

Spicy poutine with chicken sold at McDonald's in Edmonton, Alberta.  This was an awful take on poutine.  They should just stay with the regular hamburger and fries.

These are from Jeff's garden. It's such a treat to go out in the morning and pick them. These cherry tomatoes are so sweet and crisp and so so fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment