Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Terrible Tuesday - Different or obsessed


One of latest TV show that we started following is The Good Doctor.  Last week's episode, I realized that the reason why I love the show is because Dr. Shaun Murphy and I have something in common.  We both like having things in order.  Not just in order but in the same spot.  For a number of years I thought that I was just different in that, I like being organized and things in order.  Like how you fold your clothes, how you organized the linen closet, how to organize the pantry and so on.  If I can, my clothes are hanging according to their colors and to their style.  By the way, the last week episode, I saw something different, Dr. Murphy likes the toilet paper placement OVER while I prefer mine UNDER.  Every now and then I do noticed what I have done, take a moment, then accept how it is.  But someday, I just can't resist and when there's down time, I go through the stuff in the house, reorganize them, straighten them, and do what it takes to look right.  It's funny because Jeff just let me go through the motion.  But sometimes, he would say " OK Miss OCD, you can stop now as it looks fine".  He says he is not trying to change me, he said he prefers organized than slobs.  Do you have some different habits or quirks that you are obsessed about?  Here's a list I have collected from watching different people on their special day to day habits.  Is yours on this list?
  • Over or under when hanging your toilet paper
  • Only 5 ice cubes for your drinks (water or any cold beverage)
  • Placing the dishwashing sponge in the microwave prior to doing dishes
  • Wiping the sole of foot wear after each use
  • Arranging money by denomination and facing the same way before putting in wallet
  • Counting stuff (trains, trucks, stairs)
  • Folding a certain way and arranging by colors
  • Checking to make sure everything is ok (stove,iron,keys,wallet,phone)
  • Straightening things, moving furniture and frames, kitchen wares
After reading more about this topic, I know that I don't have OCD and that I just like being organized, having a clean home, and accepting I have different ways/habits. Whatever it is that you do, as long as you are happy and the people around you are happy with it, then it is not a terrible to be a little obsessed or different. 

Image result for ocd clipart
 

No comments:

Post a Comment