Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Sportsmanlike Sunday - only versus Jeff

Why is it that I cannot get over losing a game of any type of sport that Jeff and I plays?  Is it because I am a bad loser? A poor sport?? or just a petty individual???  Actually that is not true.  Why, I don't mind losing to any other person either competitively or just for fun, which means I am a good sport, except when it comes to Jeff.  The first few times we played pool, I would use the Maynards Fuzzy Peach candy to count how many game each of us won.  By the end of the evening, I would stomp back upstairs if I lost but if I won, I would be all giddy and would have the best sleep that night.  Sometimes I would challenge him again after a couple of days in order to see if I can beat him.  After many months of this and I was not enjoying the game because I was losing a lot, I had to really suck it up, and learn the true meaning of sportsmanship.  I have stopped using the Fuzzy Peach as counters or score pieces and instead use it to bribe Jeff.  Every body knows he has a sweet tooth and cannot resist, but he still would not throw that game, just to make me win.  And this makes me work harder to make sure that I concentrate on my shot.  It makes winning a much more rewarding because I did it on my own.  Although there are some nights that I would get ahead and win more games than him but because he is a good sport and as he says "it's all for fun", it makes me feel good about learning to be a good sport. Now I can apply what I have learned from him about sportsmanship. When we play  tennis, squash, dart, bowling, etc. I can enjoy every part of the game.  Yeah, I am cured. 
Image result for peach fuzz candy
Image result for clip art billiard

Image result for clip art tennis man and woman



No comments:

Post a Comment