Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Thirsty Thursday - Something new and refreshing

Summertime is a perfect time to try something cool and refreshing.  Last April when my friend from Vancouver came to visit, he was only drinking the Lone Tree Cider.  There's a few variety and I did like one but the others tasted a little too much like white wine.  As I prefer red wine to white, it really did not excite me.  This past week when my cousin and her hubby visited from Yellowknife the brought a six pack of peach growers cider.  It was tasty and a couple of days later we tried the strawberry rhubarb.  After they left, we stopped by another liquor store close to home and I saw two very interesting flavors.  We bought the raspberry ginger and the green apple and lime flavors.  So far I only have tried the raspberry ginger and it was not as sweet at the peach nor the strawberry rhubarb.  During the party that we hosted this past weekend, I tried the green apple and lime.  It was a bit tarty and not as sweet. I guess I would just rate is as just OK.  When I checked online, there was a new flavor called Clementine Pineapple, I already know that I will love this.  Just in case you like ciders and have not tried them, here's the variety of flavors available.  Although online it seems like there's a few available in West and some are just in the East.  Wherever you reside, I am sure you fill find at least one that will quench your thirsty today at four thirsty.
As you can see the bold flavors would have to be my favorites, even though I have not tried all. 
  • Clementine Pineapple
  • Raspberry Ginger
  • Harvest Stone Fruit
  • Extra Dry Apple
  • Summer Peach
  • Bartlett Pear
  • Wild Blackberry
  • Orchard Berry
  • Strawberry Rhubarb
  • Field Raspberry
  • Green Apple & Lime
  • Granny Smith Apple
  • Honey Crisp Apple
  • Cranberry Pomegranate
  • Ruby Red Grapefruit
  • Bing Cherry
Image result for growers cider flavors

Image result for growers cider flavors

No comments:

Post a Comment