Pages

Friday, August 24, 2018

Fingers Friday - Creative hands

You are probably wondering what I will blogging about today.  With that title, it could be anything.  I guess what I am trying to explain is that our hands are very important and if you can keep them busy, there's definitely a lot of productive time each day.  Actually I got on this subject because while I was making the rest of the scrunchies that I started, I realized that your fingers actually have to be creatives specially when trying to insert the elastic and then try to tie them together.  It was difficult to sew them by machine as they are very thin, so I opted to just tie them together making at least three knots.  Another topic I wanted to touch was about crocheting while on the road.  There are a lot of hours of nothingness and to make the time fly by fast is to make sure your do something.  Since it makes me dizzy to read or play games on my phone, crocheting seems to be the only creative thing I could do.  Last time we went on the road from Vernon BC to San Jose CA, I was able to make 14 coasters, one beanie, a couple of bath scrubbies and a couple of dish cloths.  This last trip which was only for three days, I was able to crochet a winter toque with a matching scarf for the little girl Serena (my friend's daughter) who is going to be 10 months old.  Almost forgot about my extra painting that I completed during the weekend.  It was good that my hands were not as big because it would have been difficult to get all the corners of this piece of item I bought at the garage sale.  I am still not sure what I will use it, but I will figure it out once I complete it by adding some other colorful flowers or some sort of abstract design.  

This could be a good cutlery holder for outdoor dining or to hold the assorted scissors.
The beanie for little Serena hopefully it will keep her warm during the winter months.

More scrunchies

My daughter ask me to make her some booties for their bar stools.



No comments:

Post a Comment