Pages

Friday, August 3, 2018

Friendly Friday - Reconnecting with Yellowknifers

When my cousin arrived from Yellowknife last weekend, we didn't know what to expect since I have not seen them for many years.  She is my cousin on my mother side of the family.  Her mother is the only one left on my mother's family.  We were a total of 11 cousins and currently 9 still around. Six in Canada, two in the Philippines, one in the USA.  We had a lot of catching up and they were searching for a place they can call home when they retire in a couple of years. One day we checked out a couple of open houses and there's one in particular that my cousin's hubby could not forget.  Hopefully their trip here would give them some ideas.  During their stay we were able to video chat with a couple of our friends and the following days we were able to visit them in West Kelowna and Summerland.  After a little over 22 years, it was amazing to meet up and catch up on life.  Truly the friends we met in Yellowknife (where I started my Canadian life) are so wonderful and friendly.  We also got a chance to talk on the phone with a couple other family and another friend.  Although my cousin only stayed for 3 days, we had a lot of hours of just reminiscing.  They invited us to visit them in Yellowknife and shortly after they left Jeff and I decided to book our trip.  Now I can show him what the North is all about as well as meet some of our friends and some relatives that are residing there.  Hopefully the Northern Lights will have a show for us during our visit and if not, I am sure Jeff will just enjoy being somewhere that far north.

This was in front of the home of our friend.

This is an actual name of a street in Yellowknife.

Great souvenirs from the Northwest Territories - polar bear shaped license plates.

Can you spot the shadow that looks like a First nation chief?

No comments:

Post a Comment