Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Searching Saturday - Should I get a job?

Before I retired, some of my friends were asking what plans do I have to keep myself busy. At first my response was basically, play golf, volunteer and get back to sewing.  After a few years of doing that, every now and again, I would pretend that I was looking for a job.  First I would search for only part-time jobs, then I will switch to full time but in the end, never really apply.  Sometimes I wonder what it is like to earn US dollars.  It's funny because I have earned some funds by selling some of the items I've sewn.  Now that I have only two volunteer jobs, I am back to searching some part time jobs.  I am so amazed at the amount of jobs available for anyone who is really searching and who is determined to work.  So you are probably wondering, what exactly would I be applying for.  There were a few jobs that was interesting and they were all part-time.  Here's some of the list that I found when I did my research.
  •  Night and weekend receptionist for a car dealership (I use to work part-time at a few dealerships - Toyota, Subaru and Acura)
  • Scorekeeper - for some youth and adult hockey league, keeping stats, etc.
  • Concierge - a retirement home looking for someone to assists, plans, organize activities for their residents
  • Part time jobs with Kohls, Macy's, Dick's Sporting Goods, and many others
At the end of the day, I opted to really think about this.  I like the idea of researching but when I think of all the things that comes with working again, something inside of me is screaming NO.  I guess for now I will say that I like being retired and am happy to just volunteer and do the other things in life that I love.


 Image result for golf life

Image result for skate golf caddy
This is a dream golf caddy specially when you can't walk and push cart for 18 holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment