Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Thankful Thursday - Rewarding Experience

Do you recall the blog I posted about sewing washable sanitary pads for girls and women of
Cameroon?  Today I received an email from the coordinator and I am sharing your her message.
 
I know this is late coming, but I just received a thank you letter from my colleague thanking each of you for your wonderful service. I took 150 of the washable sanitary pads with me on my trip to Cameroon in May.  I traveled throughout 4 regions of the country and distributed the pads to a couple of rural villages, an orphanage, and a gender club. The girls and women were absolutely thrilled with the pads and very grateful. I am attaching the letter from Parchibell as well as a couple of photos of the women after receiving the pads.  
We also put on a workshop to teach the women how to make their own pads and they were just delighted. The workshop was so successful that we have had many requests to teach throughout the region and into some of the other countries. I also took a couple of your pads when we went to the US Embassy. They were very excited about our initiative. And finally, I was on national tv showing off our pads to the viewers. So, thank you, thank you, thank you.  Your help is so very much needed and appreciated. 

She also sent some photos and a letter that is worth sharing.  This was a wonderful volunteer and rewarding experience.  When my summer busy schedule dies down, I would most likely do this again.  I am very happy that I was part of this project.
 


The woman on the left holding a red pad is one of my creation.
 
In case you did not get a chance to read that particular post.  This was my first pad set I made.

This box was full and I completed a total of 60 pads and 60 case.
There were 40 pad sets that I completed later and gave it to my friend's niece who was volunteering in Burkina Faso.  My friend delivered it to her at the beginning of this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment