Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Worship Wednesday - I did try

What made you do it? My cousin ask me when I told her last Wednesday that I went to church.  It did for my son because I wanted to pray for him.  The church was smaller and since it was a week day, it was not packed.  One of the things I noticed right away was that some of the prayers has changed.  Even though I have not gone to Sunday mass, for some reason I still knew the words to most of the prayers.  The other thing I noticed when I opened their book to join in the singing, the words to some of the hymns were also changed.
Some of you might not know that a long time ago, I was very active in the church.  I use to belong to the Sunday morning choir when I lived in Ottawa.  We had a great group with a piano, cello, flute and two guitars (yes one of the players was me).  The group covered all the voices, two altos, two soprano, two base and one tenor (he was a powerful singer).  When I lived in Mississauga, ON.  I belonged to the Saturday evening choir, a small group with a piano, flute and two guitars (this time I played my 12-string).  Sometime our leader would be unavailable and I would be ask to lead the congregation to all he hymns during that mass.  Oops, got side tract.  Back to my church attendance that one day.  I was seated in the last row so I can really concentrate and pray.  As I said before, it was not busy and therefore many seats were available.  Minutes after the mass started, a woman came in and sat beside me and another woman in front of me.  Remember the whole two rows were empty in front of me.  At one point the woman in front sneezed and used her hand to cover her face.  If you have gone to mass lately, there's a part of the mass where everyone shakes hand to offer their PEACE.  I thought to myself, I can't shake her hand, maybe she won't turn around.  I was relieved when that time came and people just bowed their heads to offer PEACE.  The moral of the story is I did pray for my son but I realized that I don't need to be in that church and I can pray wherever I am.  I believe that my son can hear me wherever he maybe.  



No comments:

Post a Comment