Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sharing Sunday - Family and extended family

Sunday is usually a family day for Jeff and I.  My MIL comes for dinner and Jeff catches up with her on family updates.  This weekend my cousin is staying with us for a few days before she returns to Vancouver.  After picking her up from the station, we stopped by MIL's home to pick her up and we decided to spend some time with my cousin's niece and her family.  It was very interesting to find out that they rented a home through airb&b and the home was nine minutes from my MIL's home.  I haven't seen our cousin's since I saw them in 2007.  It was a perfect afternoon to visit and get to know them since they were leaving for LA tomorrow.  After our visit, Jeff, MIL, cousin Jo and myself stopped by the grocery store to get some items needed for our Sunday dinner.  Simple dinner which were all grilled items as it was a very hot day and I didn't want to cook in the kitchen.  Since it was a little cooler around dinner time, we opted to eat in our backyard deck.  We sat around after dinner sharing stories and laughing at some of the stories each one shared.  I had the chance to bake a pineapple cake recipe which I found on Pinterest that was very easy. Although I was missing one the ingredient, the cake turned out moist and not too sweet.  It was a good evening to stay outdoors but as soon as I feel some bugs around my legs, it was time to get back inside the house.  Almost forgot to share what I prepared for dinner.  Grilled steak, grilled asparagus, grilled gray squash, and corn on the cob (marinated with butter, ginger and honey).  Sorry, I forgot to take photos and now I don't have anything to show except for our dessert.
Mint, Basil, Cucumber, Gin and Tonic - refreshing drink on a hot day.

French toast with crispy black pepper spam.

Pineapple cake which taste like pineapple upside down cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment