Pages

Monday, July 4, 2016

Merrymaking Monday - Happy 4th of July

Red, white and blue will be the color of the day.  Every park and every backyard will be filled with people grilling, drinking and celebrating the American Independence Day.  It's weird because a few days ago, I did the post for Canada Day.  It's two celebration back to back and I won't complain. Last night we were invited to an early 4th of July celebration at our friends Michele and Tom.  She had all the decorations, table and paper plates, etc.  But it wasn't an all American dinner, it was way better.  She served two big trays of fondue items.  One tray had prawns, scallops, chicken and beef.  The other tray had mushrooms, four different variety of oriental dumplings and of course the filipino lumpia.  There was a variety of sauces for each of the items and steamed rice to accompany all of the above.  Yes, I forgot to take photos.  As a last minute decision, we are having an All American BBQ and my MIL is joining us for dinner.  Here's my menu for the 4th of July celebration.  Actually it's very simple.
  • Beef sliders with different toppings like caramelized onions, tomatoes, cucumber from the garden, provolone cheese and the all american sauces (ketchup, mayo and mustard)
  • Potato salad - traditional recipe passed down from our generations (just kidding)
  • Grilled corn on the cob with butter, lime and cilantro
  • Watermelon for desserts
This year I am not interested in watching the fireworks because I prefer to watch the Macy's or whatever they are covering on TV.  My ear cannot take those big sounds and I am not interested in getting mosquito bites (if you go up the hill close by our home, you can see all the different fireworks around the city of San Jose).

 Image result for 4th of july
 Here's my favorite American patriotic song by Lee Greenwood.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment