Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wondering Wednesday - What it would be like

Today while I was ironing a basketful of clothes, I was listening to a CD (that's right) that my daughter made for me some 10 years ago.  One of the songs was Luther Vandross - Dance with my father.  It's weird that all of a sudden I started wondering a lot of things.  The first one was what it would be like to dance with my son on his wedding day.  The closest I got was a slow dance at a school event.

I think we were dancing to a Boyz to Men song.  Maybe my daughter will correct me if she remembers this.
The next one was wondering if he would like the cheerios cereal (honey bee) commercial with Nelly.  I'm sure you know what it is.  Then I remembered some photos with something similar.
Different times of life but similar outfit for Trick or Treat.
The final one is about sports - golf - I wondered if he would take up golf and if would get a chance to do a round of golf if he visited me here.  This too would never happen.

This was taken at a golf course somewhere in Quebec - I was learning golf and my son was 11 years old.
It's really sad to wonder because I know the answer but I'm happy that I have so many great memories of him.  Almost six years has passed and there's not a day that I don't miss him.


1 comment:

  1. I don't remember the song...

    Hey I was also a bee one year, do you not have a photo of me dressed up as a bee?

    Very touching and sad post.

    ReplyDelete