Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Splendid Saturday - My day with Jeff

One day a week is what I have left to spend time with Jeff.  Although I see him in the morning before work and again in the evening after work, Saturday is our only day together.  I try very hard not to accept any invite for anything for this day.  But as you know if you have a home and you work, weekends, specifically Saturday is the only day to catch up on chores.  When the weather is nice, we try to spend it outdoors doing yard work which includes weeding (not my favorite).  Most of the times, I ended being indoors doing house chores and he's mostly outside doing his to do list.  In the winter is not much of that as we try to do other fun things even if its only shopping for things for the house.  During Spring and Summer we always try to get a game of tennis before we do our chores.  We look forward to this day because it's the only day we spend the whole day together.  When he retires, I am sure it will be different because we will be able to do a lot of things together.  Right now with my busy schedule during the week, Saturday is just the perfect day.  Just last week when he had a chance to peak at my calendar on my phone, he noticed how busy it was.  He said that you wouldn't think I was retired if you saw my schedule. 

This is one of the flowers that Jeff planted - Asiatic Lily

The lone strawberry trying to produce one fruit - we thought this one was dead.


No comments:

Post a Comment