Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Miserable Monday - That's how I would feel

Now that I have lived here in Sunny San Jose for the last three and a half years, I feel really awful when I hear how bad the weather in western and eastern Canada.  I would check with my daughter and some of my friends almost every week.  Last weekend my daughter sent me a photo of the non stop snowy weather they were getting.  I feel very lucky to have retired in this part of California and I thank Jeff for that.  For all the years that I have lived in northern Canada and parts of Eastern Canada, all those long winter months, I now can say that I've served my time and I've been paroled.  I don't want to rub it in but we also get some cold days but no snow.  There was a day a couple of weeks ago when it was warmer in Toronto than here.  But even with the cold spells every now and then, we are still able to play Tennis (played last Saturday) and I am still golfing with the girls twice a week.  I know that I would feel miserable at times during all those winter months.  Honestly, I know how you guys feel about winter and I wish you could all move to California or somewhere warmer.  Please try to keep warm and don't forget your mitts, toque and scarf.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment