Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Four Friday - Four more sleeps

It's like being a kid, counting sleeps before Christmas.  Yes, I still get exciting about opening gifts and sometimes checking out what's in the stocking.  Not sure if Jeff will be in the mood to do something.  I remember my first Christmas in this house, he filled up my stockings and it was so much fun to check what's inside on Christmas morning.  There are so many different traditions for opening gifts, what to eat, etc.  When we were little, our parents would take us to our grandparents home on Christmas eve.  We will have a light snack around six and then have a nice dinner around 1130 pm.  At midnight as we all know, Santa arrives.  Before you can get a gift from Santa, the child or we have to do some sort of a talent act (singing, dancing, playing an instrument or even reciting a poem).  The biggest problem is my sister because she would never do any of this to the point that she doesn't not care about getting a gift.  To this date my sister does not like being put on a show or any performance.  This year I guess they had a little party just before she left for holidays. One of her coworker mention that they would have to do something before they got their gift.  She was very nervous but stuck to her guns and was prepared not to get the Christmas envelope.  Anyway by the time it was her turn, the boss decided that was enough.  I am guessing there was not to many talented performers.  Do you have any traditions during the holidays? Do you remember some from when you were kids?  My BFF from Canada sent this photo that I wanted to share which was taken this weekend.  Sorry for the delay of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment