Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Shu mai Saturday - Celebrate Chinese New Year

Gung Hay Fat Choy!  Or Wishing you great happiness and prosperity.  Since one of our friends won't be available for dinner on this date, we moved it a few days earlier so we can have all have Chinese dinner at our home.  When I was trying to figure out what I would serve for our celebration, I started with a bit of a longer list as I wanted to try and make a whole bunch of stuff.  When the day came, I change the menu to the following dishes. We started with crab and corn soup, then Shu mai (favorite dim sum item), for main course, I made a vegetable chow mien with tofu, BBQ chicken thighs, Kung Pao Shrimp and steamed rice. Since our friends are not into desserts, I did not make anything special.  We just served some cookies that I had previously made.  Our guests were very pleased with the meal and were very satisfied with the amount of dishes on the table.  Unfortunately, I only remembered to take a photo of the Shu Mai which I made from scratch.  Have a great Chinese New Year, celebrate with friends over Dim Sum.  



Image result for year of the rat

No comments:

Post a Comment