Pages

Friday, January 17, 2020

Freezing Friday - OMG it's so cold

Of course it is cold, it's winter, right.  So actually everyone that we spoke to prior to our move here in Vernon, were lying.  What they kept saying to us was that winters are very mild here, like it might snow one day and then after a few days it will melt.  No one ever said that it will be get down to -23C.  Although I have had much more severe freezing weather when I lived in Yellowknife and Whitehorse, that was many moons ago.  Prior to moving to Vernon, I was living in San Jose, California.  Now you are going to say "what were you thinking".  So everyday my hubby goes out to shovel once, twice maybe even three time per day.  The snow bank on the side of the driveway is so high, you can't see the oncoming cars from the street.  This morning a truck from the city public works stopped by in front of our house to shovel a path to the fire hydrant and also brushed all the snow on top of it.  I had to check online to see what the bylaw is regarding this.  So apparently we have to make sure there's a clear path for fire fighters to get to the hydrant in case of real fire.  At first I thought that we will get a citation because we didn't clear it.  Actually my hubby was going to do it but the guy beat him to it. Oh bother.  Anyway, I thought I would share some photos of our winter wonderland in our area.






No comments:

Post a Comment