Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Sweetness Sunday - It looks easier on paper

Sometimes when I am determined to make something new that I found on Pinterest or anything online, I get all the ingredients and I just do it.  Most of the time, whatever it maybe, the photo is very similar to what I have produced.  But last week, I tried a couple of times to make the recipe called Easy Petitfours.   I watched the video and it looked easy.  Jeff was my helper but after all is said and done, the end product was a disaster.  Although the taste was good, it did not look neat and pretty.  It resembles something a kid would have done.  Those kids on the Baking show are of course different as they are very creative and talented with already amazing skills.  A long time ago when I was trying to learn a new craft and couldn't do it, my sister said "you cannot have all the talents". She's right.  I know my sister is a great baker as she has made lots of cakes from birthday theme cakes to 3 or 4 tier wedding cakes.  I couldn't share the photo with her because she will just laugh.  But the other night, I tried for the very first time to make a Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake and I am happy to report that it turned out good.  Jeff bought me a new bundt cake pan from the Thrift Store for $2.00 so I thought, might as well use it.  The moral of the story today is that even if it looks easy on paper, it does not mean it's easy to replicate the photo of the product.

With banana cake inside

Yellow icing has lemon cake and pink icing has marble cake inside.

Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake with lemon drizzles

Banana Chocolate Chips Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment