Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Thirsty Tuesday - Did you water your plants?

As soon as the weather was getting warmer, I was so eager to buy some colorful flowers for the front yard.  But Jeff said that if I was going to plant some flowers in pots, it was my responsibility to make sure that they are watered.  Since I really wanted to try and make the front yard looking pretty with nice pots and some colorful flowers, I agreed.  One day we went to the parking lot of Home Hardware as DS Gardens were selling so many variety of plants, flowers and succulents.  I didn't want to get so many as I was not even sure if I am able to handle the new summer responsibility.  When we got home, I got all my pots ready and I filled them with soil and tried to group them.  A couple of weeks later, my neighbor Cheryl gave us some really nice plants from their garden.  While picking up these plants, I noticed that they have some black mulch or wood chips which I guess help in controlling the growth of weeds.  Of course I wanted it because I don't like weeding and Jeff usually does it.  Before I had to spread these wood chips, I needed to take some of the weeds and clip some of the dead leaves and branches, etc.  I did all that and my back started to hurt.  This past weekend, I completed the task and some of the annuals that I have been watering are all starting to bloom.  So far the summer flowers I planted are still alive.  I am so proud of what I had accomplished.  I am trying to spend a bit more time and try to get the front yard looking healthy and alive.  Here's a few of the photos I took yesterday.








No comments:

Post a Comment