Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Twin Tuesday - Painted wine bottles

It all began when we had a small gathering at our home a couple of weeks after we moved in. Our realtor left us with 3 bottles of champagne in our fridge.  We decided to share with our neighbors so we invited three couples that we have met already.  Not only did we finished the three bottles, there were some other wine bottles that was left in our house.  A few weeks later we find ourselves at another party and there were more bottles of wine that were empty.  That's when I started thinking and being creative.  What if I clean these bottles and paint them.  Luckily the previous owners left four different cans of paint.  That's when it all began.  I would use the house paint as my base color for the bottles and then use acrylic paint for whatever design or art work I am feeling that moment.  Sometime last year, just before my daughter's visit, I decided to design one bottle using my nail tool to create different sizes of dots. The colors I pick were white, silver, gold and yellow.  At one time those where my daughter's choice of color combination for her home.  When it finally finished, I showed it to her and she told me to save it for their visit.  Unfortunately, she could only carry so much on her small luggage that the bottle did not get packed.  Last week I decided to make another one similar to the one last year.  Once I finished, I put them side by side and amazingly enough, they look very similar, except if you really look close, one has a flower at the beginning of the circle and the other had different color dot to begin the circle. I should it again to my daughter to make sure still want me to reserve it for her.  This time she picked the new bottle with the flower in the middle.  Does it look the same to you?
Can you tell the difference between the left and and right bottle?  Which one do you think  my daughter picked? 

The one on the right was the first bottle I painted which I reserved for my daughter.  The one on the left is the latest one which my daughter now wants me to keep until she gets here.  LOL.  I wonder if I do another very similar, would she picked it.  You will have to wait for the next post about the Dotted Wine Bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment