Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Way to go Wednesday - Daylight saving time

Yesterday morning while watching the Today show, I saw a short clip of Penny (Kaley Cuoco) of the Big Bang Theory starting a campaign to get rid of the the DST.  I am on board with her and any other person in the world.  If you are like me, that has a few watches and lots of clocks at home, time change is not fun at all.  I have listened to some of the arguments and how it all began but I am not sure if anyone really loves this twice a year exercise.  Can you imagine how many people all over the world miss their flights every time this happens?  How about those who miss their train, bus and even going to church?  I can understand the time difference between cities and countries.  But that's another whole issue and I am glad I don't have to deal with it anymore.  When I was still working and travelling, we had to pay attention to that.  I had to because of my insulin and it was not easy but I did it.  Now that I am retired and not have to worry if I will be late for work, it shouldn't really matter, right.  So hopefully they can figure out something and totally get rid of it.  I bet if they took a vote all over the world, the YES get rid of it team will win.  Now that I have said my two cents on this topic, it is time to figure out what I will do for our upcoming craft night. Good luck Penny, you go get your followers to join in your campaign.

Image result for daylight savings time 2019

B.C. Premier John Horgan has sent a letter to governors in the states of Washington, Oregon and California asking to be kept in the loop on no longer changing the clocks twice a year. The jurisdictions are looking at ways to stay on either Daylight Saving Time or Pacific Standard Time year-round.

No comments:

Post a Comment