Pages

Monday, March 4, 2019

Mastering Monday - Health Issues

At a certain time of our life as we age there are definitely different health issues for each and everyone of us.  The only difference is that some of us get it earlier in life and others get lucky and don't get it until retirement age or not get anything at all.  Those are the luckiest people on earth.  But when you do get those health issues, you need to truly take care of it.  You are probably wondering why that is the topic of my blog today.  After losing my brother less than a month ago, it really hits home.  Taking care of your health issues is the biggest part of getting old.  I am the youngest in our family and I was the first one to get diagnosed with Diabetes at 35.  But I was very determined that I would take care of me because having Diabetes in our family, I was well informed by the time I became one.  The first 10 years I only controlled it with diet/meal plan and exercise.  As I get older, I had to take some pills and at the age of 50 I started insulin. If only I knew how well insulin suits my type of diabetes, I would have started it sooner.  What are the complications of diabetes that you should be afraid of.  Blindness, amputation, kidneys, pancreas, heart diseases and more.  The benefit of the great health care of Canada is that I see my Diabetes Nurse every three months and we discuss my numbers (result of blood tests and blood pressure), diet, and activities.  On my recent visit, she was very happy with all the results and encourage me to do more exercise to keep the weight down.  I am trying very hard to do what is required to manage diabetes and other health issues and as a result of that, I feel very good for my age. What is difficult in the winter time is getting the exercise I need.  Walking outdoors with sidewalks sometimes icy, I'm petrified of slipping so my back up is my elliptical but still not enough as I get winded easily.  Spring is around the corner and I am hoping that the golf course will be open early this year.  As soon as the driving range opens, I will be there practicing and definitely be golfing the first day the course opens.  So whatever health issues you have now or later in your years, take in charge of it and manage it as if it's your wealth.

Image result for health is wealth quotes

Image result for health management

No comments:

Post a Comment