Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Technical Tuesday - On becoming geeky

What happens when a non geeky woman marries a geeky man?  She becomes a geeky wife.  Before I met my hubby I was just beginning to learn about the latest technology.  After hanging out with him and his buddies, my knowledge of technology has increased.  He made sure he got me some of the latest gadgets and toys that I would enjoy.  In addition he made it a point to show me how to use and how to fix, just in case.  He had shown me so much short cuts when using my computer to make my task at work easier.  During my volunteer days at the police department, I was complimented by the supervisor as to how fast I get the updates done in the shortest time possible.  It was all due to the tips/secrets that my hubby has taught and shared.  I recently had to re design our brochure for our Bed and Breakfast using Publisher.  It was a recent version of the program and I had to re learn how to use it.  This time I thought it would just be an electronic version compared to the one we had in San Jose where I actually had my daughter take it to the printers.  Although it is a nice souvenir for our guest, so I might still get it done once the final version is ready.  Last week I had to change the ink cartridge for our printer.  Luckily the process was simple and I was able to use the printer right away.  But the next day, my computer was not connecting to our WiFi. Of course the first thing I do is re boot (that's the first advise from my hubby).  And then I did the diagnostics which was the second step.  After all that, the wireless connection works.  Most of the time, I would just call hubby to do it, but I thought I should learn how to fix things myself and I did it.  There are still many more things I need to learn, but that is what Google and You Tube are for.  Now a days there isn't a single thing that one cannot do. Right?
Image result for geek
Image result for how to solve a technical problem

No comments:

Post a Comment