Pages

Friday, March 22, 2019

Friendship Friday - My BFF is arriving

Spring has sprung.  Friday is friendship day.  By BFF and his wife will be arriving sometime today.  It will be a long drive from Victoria to Vernon but the weather is perfect to enjoy the beautiful scenery of British Columbia.  His wife has never been to the Okanagan so I am hoping that she will really enjoy the trip.  This is the second visit for my BFF.  He was here last year with my other BFF to spend time during my birthday month.  I have been busy getting the B&B ready and even had a chance to do some baking.  So far I have made a Banana Bread and a Sour Cream Coffee Cake.  A long time ago, I use to make this type of quick bread because the ingredients are simple and the recipe is easy to make.  Last night I started my artisan bread with cranberry and walnuts.  Today I plan to make some Texas Roadhouse rolls for them to try. While they are visiting I am sure we will check out of the tourist spot but also will just chill at home to catch up on stories.  There will also be some sewing/repairs that they had requested prior to their arrival.  Of course, we will have time to shoot some pool although I have not played for at least a couple of months.  Hopefully the weather will be warm and sunny, just in case we are going for our daily walk. LOL.  A few weeks ago, I have made a couple of items for my BFF for a belated happy birthday.  It is not a surprise because I had to ask him for the measurements.  This next few days will go so fast as we get busy and enjoy each and every moment of their visit. 

This is a pouch for his new tablet.

A travel toiletries roll up case

Sour Cream Coffee Cake 

1 comment: