Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Tension Thursday - What tension?

There are so much tension all over the world that is why sometimes you have to just turn off the TV and not watch anything.  But if you are travelling in the near future, you actually have to know what is happening, right?  Today's post was going to be about a different tension.  I decided to practice playing the guitar again and of course the tension had to be readjusted because it's still considered a very new set of strings.  Tuning constantly to get the right tension and hopefully soon, I don't have to keep doing it.  Another type of tension is the one I experience every time I am sewing.  I cannot believe that my machine just turned 9 years old.  It still runs really good but every now and again the tension gets out of whack.  The last time it was because of my bobbin that was scratch (made of plastic), for whatever reason it was not catching and therefore no bottom thread.  For those of you who are not into sewing, forget about those last few sentences.  During the Australian Tennis Open, there were so much tension when it comes to the players, the umpire, and sometimes between reporters and players.  I get a lot of tension when I am watching and I cannot stand the comments of some of the broadcasters, time to turn the TV off. Almost forgot the tension between families and friends.  Sometimes you have no control on this type of tension and all you can do is wait and hope it goes away.  For me the best way to relieve tension when I start feeling it, I get busy.  Yesterday I wrote a total of 6 letters, that's right good old snail mail.  By the end I felt so good about the whole process.  Today, I started sewing again and try making new items out of my scrap fabric in between loads of laundry.  The weekend is almost here and the month of January is almost over.  Does it mean we only have a month and half of winter?

I named this bear NANOOK.

My new scraps/thread catch all.

Finger pot holders (small and medium hand)

My new carry on luggage and the tag I made with my favorite fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment