Friday, January 4, 2019

Failure Friday - Stupid or not paying attention

In our mail box today, we found an envelope addressed to someone who use to live in the home now own.  Before I start my ranting above how stupid are, let me state the fact that we have been at this address for exactly 18 months.  Prior to that the house has been empty for almost a year and the previous owner are still receiving mail all through out the 18 months.
What is even a bit annoying is that there are at least three other names that mails are addressed to ours.  First of all, are this people not letting their friends and relatives know that they have moved.  OK, I can understand if they were the previous owners but even that it's way over the amount of time to keep forwarding or writing return to sender.  Last Christmas we received a package for someone who hasn't been in our home for over a year.  This year, the same people sent a Christmas card to the same people.  But the real reason for this post is the mail we got today addressed to some family name.  Again this name has not lived in the house for over 3 years.  The envelope did not have a return address so I cannot even write "Return to Sender".  At the back of the envelope, it's written, "Please note our new address".  I looked at the envelope again and nowhere is the new address written.  So I decided to open it, because it might be inside the card. I know, I should have not opened it, but I thought well, if the new address is written inside, I could write it outside the envelope and return it to them.  But my hubby, says, if they are that stupid, we can't help them. If their friends/relatives do not want to update addresses, etc.  we are not Canada Post and technically we cannot do this anymore.  So I guess you know where that envelope landed.  From now on, if the mail does not have our names, there is now forwarding anymore.  There won't be any "Return to Sender", "Incorrect address", "MOVED over two years ago".  I asked Jeff if using stupid was a bit harsh, he said, some blogs have words you can't even say. LOL
Canada Post offers the following services:

Mail Forwarding for moves
Mail Forwarding for temporary relocation
Mail forwarding package

When you move, you can change your mailing address online and redirect your mail using the Mail Forwarding tool from Canada Post. The process is simple, and the fee is the same as you pay when you go to a postal outlet to fill in a form.Jan 31, 2018

Image result for canada post change of address

Image result for canada post change of address

No comments:

Post a Comment