Pages

Monday, January 28, 2019

Marketing Monday - A new sales rep

Whenever people see the stuff that I create with the sewing machine, they also say, you should sell in online, or get a table at the arts and craft show, etc.  What they don't understand is that I would have to make a lot of items in order to sell online or at the craft show.  Here's my excuse, I am retired and I don't like to start a sweat shop.  I also just make them as a hobby and whatever I make is more like my fun funds.  But lately I have been making a few items from someone ordering.  When I went to an Open House/Pop Shop, there were a couple of ladies who ordered something I didn't have, so I made them.  After my neighbor brought the items, someone else ordered a couple more.  Now my neighbor is my new sales representative.  She suggested that I make some type of sampler basket that she can take to work and at coffee break she will present them.  It was really nice of her so this week we will try it.  I will have to place a price tag on every item in the box.  Last time I was using stickers and I find them falling off or sticking to my pants, etc.  Then I can also have a price list of other things that I sell that she can take orders.  The best part is that she is doing it for free because we are good friends/neighbors.  Here are some of items she's going to try and sell.
Potato Bags

Sandwich Bags

Shopping bags

I should have taken a photo of the basket but I forgot.  So I am showing some of the items in the basket.  There are a couple of each of the items that I have made, like bandana bibs, binkie holders, fabric wallet, apron, pin cushion, pencil case and cell phone holder.  All of which I have featured on previous post.  Maybe next week I will post the result of the sale.



No comments:

Post a Comment