Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Weighless Wednesday - No churn ice cream

What happens when you have been feeling tired and sick and tired of being sick?  You make your own ice cream.  It all began when I saw three mango on our table getting a little too ripe.  I bought five mango as they were on sale but I couldn't keep up eating it specially after I found out that it is not good for you when you are coughing.  That's when I checked Pinterest for recipes for ice cream.  I stumble upon one with only three ingredients: mango, condensed milk and whipped cream.  That's it! That was easy.  Since I had all the ingredients, Jeff and I started our experiment.  I did the processing of the mango and combining the condensed milk while he whipped the cream until if formed soft peaks.  We combined both and started folding the cream into the mango mixture.  The last step is to place in a tray, cover it with foil and place in the freezer for 12 hours.  The next day I could not wait until 930 pm to have it as my snack.  We tried a small scoop in a little bowl and we were both shocked to find out how creamy, silky and yummy the ice cream turned out.  The other good part is that it is not very sweet which is perfect for me being a diabetic.  Now that we know we could make our own No Churn Ice Cream, we can create our own variety of flavors.  The only issue, I only have one nice tray so we can only make one flavor at a time.  The photo does not look that yummy, but I can guarantee you that when you taste it, you won't believe that it's home made and only three ingredients.



No comments:

Post a Comment