Pages

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Tasty Thursday - MIL oranges

During all the days I was sick with the flu and then the coughing, the only thing that taste good are the oranges from my MIL.  This seasons produce has been so sweet and juicy.  Jeff would peel a couple of oranges and place them in a plastic container so they will be ready for me eat when I want them. Although according to some information I have read that you should not eat oranges when you have are coughing, I didn't care because it made my throat feel cool.  Since I have plenty of oranges and lemons from my MIL, when I was feeling better, I decided to make a batch of orange marmalade. Most of my jars are for gift to friends.  When it comes to marmalade, it seems like only older people love them.  I guess a long time ago that was the thing to do as it's a very cheap way to make jams and marmalade.  One of my MIL's friend, her name is Sylvia, she once told me that my marmalade is the best she's ever had.  Sylvia is 92 years old.  So I have to be proud of the marmalade I make.  The recipe is from the Barefoot Contessa, a very easy and simple way to make use of oranges and lemons.
One lemon, two oranges, 4 cups of water and 4 cups of sugar and you have 6 jars of marmalade.


One lemon

I only did a half a recipe which still resulted in 6 jars.
Two oranges

No comments:

Post a Comment