Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Triple Tuesday - Crocheting terms

As we go through the stay at home order and social distancing, I find myself even busier doing all types of crafts and hobbies.  During the last few days, I have been sewing some fabric face masks and have been mailing them to family and friends who need it as they can't find any in their area.  When I need to take a break from sewing I switch to crocheting.  I might have shown you already the multi colored baby blanket that I started a couple of weeks ago.  Now that I have finished it, I started a new one and with my sister's suggestion with regards to the design and color, the next blanket is starting to look nice.  Since I am not a real crochet person, I only know very few stitches but enough to be able to make a blanket or a coaster or maybe even a wash cloth. I have no idea on how to read a pattern so most of my crocheting is guessing game.  I like doing it while watching the news which actually I am not watching, just listening. With whatever yarn I have left, I will try to make something whether it's a coaster or hot plate or wash cloth.  By the end of this staying at home order, I won't have any yarn left which means the crocheting hobby will be set aside for a while.  

These are the yards that I will use for the next blanket.

The finished blanket for a little girl or boy.

I am using a single and then a double stitch (I think).

This a bed scarf that my sister started in 2018.  Hopefully I can figure out the stitch and continue.
There are some yarns that can only make these type of coaster or hot plate.


No comments:

Post a Comment