Pages

Monday, April 27, 2020

Manageable Monday - To plant or not to plant

Last year I planted some flowering plants in several pots as well as some on the ground.  My problem is that I am not a true gardener and don't even like watering plants. I have a few indoor plants that are really doing well only because my hubby took charge of watering them.  Although this year there were some pretty flowers blooming but they were planted by the previous owner and each year they just come up in the spring.  Now my dilemma is whether to just buy a couple of those hanging basket with flowering plants or not doing anything.  There are plants on the front yard but not colors except when the roses comes up.  I know that the front yard will look alive when there's colors but I am not convinced that the plants will stay alive the whole summer and fall. A few days ago, I took a couple of photos of the new blooms.  By the way, I have one rhubarb plant located beside the front step that is back to life.  The past couple of years, I have harvested rhubarb and was able to make a small jar of jam. Usually I could get some by early summer and early fall.  Each harvest is about 4 to 6 stalks. Are you getting your garden ready now that you have all the time at home?

My neighbor delivered 5 of these Gerbera daisy because she knows it's my favorite.


Believe it or not, I have a few of these with a variety of colors.


My one and only rhubarb plant, check out how skinny the stalks are.

No comments:

Post a Comment