Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Simply Saturday - National Poetry Month

Did you know that April 1, 2020 is the national poetry month? And all this time I thought April 1 was April Fool's Day.  I was wondering if maybe they should pick another day.  It's a little confusing specially now that everyone is at home and no one really knows what day it is anymore.  Since I did not have any idea on what to post today, I thought I would just post some poems that I found from the 1984 Cranberry Portage Cookbook from Manitoba, Canada.  My MIL gave it to me a few years ago when she found out that my blog's name is Cranberry Portage.  Today I was actually looking for some interesting recipe.  Instead I found some quotes and a poem at the end of each of the section of the cookbook.  Now I want to share what I have found. Instead of the poem, I opted on some of the sayings/quotes.

The best thing you can do for spring fever is absolutely nothing.

When you are completely satisfied, remember what happens to a fat turkey.

When in doubt, do the friendliest thing.

Life fulfills few of its promises. 
Either we get what we don't want or we don't like what we wanted and got.

Take time to help and enjoy friends; it is the source of happiness.

Take time to read - it is the foundation of knowledge.

When the average man says he loves greens, he is speaking of a golf course.

Be kind, stay healthy, stay apart, stay at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment