Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Sweetest Sunday - Dream Special

My favorite doughnut place, Tim Horton's has a new trio dream special.  A special flavored donuts, Strawberry confetti, chocolate truffle and dulce de leche.  They have been advertising them for a couple of weeks and I wanted to try them.  But due to the social distancing, I didn't want to go in when there's a lot of line ups and other patrons.  But luckily this morning, when we stopped by one of their store, there was no line up inside.  I quickly ran in and got these three special donuts.  After lunch we decided to try the first one. OMG the doughnut was dry and the chocolate was too brittle.  I took one bite and gave the rest to Jeff.  The confetti one, I decided to give it to my neighbor who was celebrating her birthday so it was fitting.  She tried it and was so sweet but was yummy. Now I am hoping that the one I am saving for the last taste test, dulce de leche would be something delicious that it will make up for the first one.  So disappointing, the last one is like a churro with nutella in the middle. It was edible but not incredible.  Although Tim's has other treats that are much more tasty like their timbits or apple fritter, they should maybe do some taste tasting with their own employees or others before actually selling them.  But maybe I just got a bad batch.  



No comments:

Post a Comment