Pages

Friday, March 27, 2020

Frame Friday - A hole in one

Now that we are always home, both of us are starting to do a lot of different projects. It could be woodwork, sewing, bottle painting, baking, and of course cleaning.  Last fall when I got my hole in one at my home course, my golf buddy gave me a very special plaque. It was specially made by his best friend who does special wood work and engraving.  Anyway, my hubby thought he would make a special plaque to show this one, plus the golf ball as well as the score card for that big event of my golf career. LOL.  We search for something similar to give us an idea. At first my hubby was going to get a piece of wood, cut it to shape, sand it, stain it, etc.  Then one day we were at Home Sense and on the clearance sale, there was this piece of wood which I think was meant to be a chopping board for bread or cheese.  But the shape was perfect and of course it had a great sale price.  My hubby started playing with it, trying to find the best way to showcase the plaque, golf ball and score card.  After a week, he presented me the completed work of art.  Now I would like to share it with you.  Notice how special he added two pieces of wood to hold the glass frame for the score card.  He also added a small piece of wood to hold the golf tee and golf ball. He placed a magnet on both the tee and the ball, so it does not fall.  He did not want to glue it so that I can the ball easy for show and tell. Now this once in a lifetime event is showcased on this amazing frame. 




No comments:

Post a Comment