Pages

Monday, May 28, 2018

Memories Monday - Life is good

It's another big birthday with a smaller celebration.  I don't know about you but I love celebrating birthdays but most specially the decades.  For example, for my 20th, it was what I would call a Holy One.  You might ask why?  I had only been living in Yellowknife for a few months and have not made a lot of friends.  So the guests were a few nuns (Sisters of St. Joseph) and a couple of priests. I was blessed right left and center.  Now for my 30th, it was with a group of great friends (couples and singles) but what I can remember is that I passed out on the couch half way through the celebration (a little too much drinking).  You know what they say about 40 - now I am over the hill.  Actually not yet.  The night before my birthday, my friend Debbie and I decided to go for a drink with the guys (mostly cops).  I guess I have not learned my lesson from ten years ago.  Mixing drinks was a bad thing.  I had never experienced a very bad hangover and my headache lasted for three days.  The sad part is that I had organized a party with 40 guests for my birthday.  I went to work only to find out I couldn't really concentrate. My supervisor was so kind and told me to go home so I could nap before the big party.  One surprise from a friend, a male stripper.  I was having such a big headache, it was a waste as I didn't pay attention to him. LOL.  There were a lot of gifts that I did not open until two days later.  Now to the best birthday ever, my 50th.  My daughter organized it at a local bar and 138 friends attended.  Of course we closed the bar and it was the best birthday ever.  The rest of the birthday are just regular and life goes on.
Today is sort of a big one because after today, I will be getting some great benefits even a discount at the local liquor store.  As they say age is just a number, it's all about how you live your life to the fullest, no regrets and no complaints.  Life is good.  Enjoy yours too.


No comments:

Post a Comment