Pages

Monday, May 21, 2018

Material Monday - Garden Flags

Do you have a garden flag or banner?  You don't have to have a garden to have one.  When I first saw this type of flag that is hanging on a wire and stuck to the ground, I thought that it would be nice to have one of those in our front yard.  At first I made something for Autumn and then I decided to make one from Christmas.  Then each time I ran out of projects I would be creative and make a new one for whatever month I am missing a flag.  Now, I have a complete set for the whole year, for each and every holiday for that particular month.  Some of my neighbors have asked where I got them and eventually they would get one.  I have enjoyed making each one and personalized them.  Just recently I decided to make one just for my birthday since there was not flag for the month of May.  After I finished mine, I thought of making one for my friend who lives in Kelowna since she has a beautiful front yard with beautiful flowers.  It will be a surprise when I deliver it to her.  There seems to be more homes in the USA that uses these garden flags.  Maybe I have started a trend in our neighborhood as there are at least four other homes that have them now either in the front or their back yard.




No comments:

Post a Comment