Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

Matching Monday - Simple DIY towels

A few days before our B&B guests Alex and Jamie were scheduled to arrived, I decided to make a few guest hand towels.  While I was out and about I bought three hand towels that were complimentary colors to the guest towels we had.  Since the ones we had were very simple, I thought it would be nice to have something different.  I knew it would not take long to do it since I have some left over brown fabric and matching notions.  Basically I cut a few strips of the brown fabric, sew it on the towel and added the rickrack accent (braided trimming in a zigzag pattern).  Here's what it turned out.  There are actually three hand towels in the picture from the lightest brown to the darkest brown (beige, tan, brown).





Now that fall is almost here, these colors are perfect for our bathrooms.  My next sewing project will be some fall kitchen towels.  Some of the ones we have are starting to look worn and old, so it's time to get busy to replace the old with the new. I will try to get some dark colors in green, orange and brown. Light colored towels don't really work well around the kitchen.  Maybe something like this.

Image result for kitchen towels for autumn
I will buy some fall color fabrics and add it similar to this towels.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment