Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Weather Wednesday - Long days

For the past couple of weeks I have the chance to experience long days while visiting my sister in Edmonton.  What I did not realize is that a lot of good memories but also sad memories happened here.  The weather has been perfect until the past couple of days.  We could take a walk late at night but still bright enough because the sun does not set until almost 1100 pm during my first week.  One night we were able to watch the super moon really clearly and close up just by standing in her living room window.  Here's a photo I took around 1030 pm on my second night.


It has been a really long time since I spent the winter months in the great white north and honestly I don't think I would want to even just for a day.  This is when I saw my sister's parka and it reminded me of a lot of things.  So I decided to try it, reminisce and sure enough, I was not impressed.  Here's what it looks like when you have to go outside when the temperature is freezing.


Now it's time to head back to sunny warmer weather of San Jose, California.  I am truly lucky to reside there now where you can golf and play tennis all year round.  After many many years of living in the great white north, I believe I have paid my dues.  I don't miss the weather, but I have made many friends and I am so happy I was able to reconnect with them during this visit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment