Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Stampede Saturday - Klondike Days

K days is what they call it now, all I remember was that when my father was alive the family would travel from Yellowknife, NWT to Edmonton, Alberta to attend a few days of this very popular event.  It usually happens after the week of the Calgary Stampede (I think we also attended this some years).  But I remember my father prefers this and it was part of their summer holiday.  This year it is from July 18 to 27.  My sister and I were contemplating on attending but due to the unpredictable weather, we might not be able to make it.  It would be nice after many years that I have not checked it out.  Although they have a great line up of artists, it would be fun to see The Village People (nostalgic) and of course Tim McGraw (if you are a true country fan).  As we are not into rides (due to the height phobia), this part will not be very exciting for us.  Their food and crafts booth will be what we will check out, that is if we are going.  I did a little searching and I believe they are not serving Beaver Tails which would be the deal breaker for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment